Swim-a-thon is approaching soon! The Swim-a-thon remains a significant part of our clubs fundraising -so please register and start participating early! We have been fortunate this year to have our pool completely renovated! As a not-for-profit club, the pool closure associated with the renovation has made our financial situation much more challenging. Please help make the Swim-a-thon a success this year!!
Swim-a-thon is a national event and all sanctioned clubs must participate. Swimmers collect as many pledges as they can. Then they swim 2 hours (1 hour for I Can Swim) or a maximum of 200 lengths of the pool. The swimmers try to see either how far they can swim during the swim-a-thon, or how fast they can swim 5km! A Candu tradition is to “fly” the last 50m of the 200 lengths. Who will do it this year?
Our club goal is to raise $5000 so we encourage all swimmers to participate!!!
1. Saturday, May 28 2016 - doors open at 7:00 am., the event runs from 7:15-9:15 am for Competitive swimmers and some Pre-Competitive swimmers who wish to swim for 2 hours. The other Pre-Competitive swimmers will swim from 8:15-9:15 am.
2. ICS (I Can Swim) will start at 8:15 am and end at 9:15 am.
3. The alternate Swim-a-thon date is Tuesday, May 31 2016 from 5:00-7:00 pm. (ICS program will run from 4:00-5:00 pm and then an additional hour afterwards)
4. Getting Started: Register online
5. Go to http://ontarioswimathon.ca/drc to create your swimmer's webpage.
6. Register your swimmer (your username will appear on the swimmer webpage, so choose one that you are comfortable with).
7. An adult 18 & over has to type in their name to agree to the affidavit.
8. After you registered your swimmer, parents will receive an email with the confirmation of swimmer registration.
9. You can share your web link with your family and friends and ask them to support and help you to reach your goal.
Parents with questions are invited to contact Ethan Davenport at:
Good luck with the pledge collection and we look forward to a fun event! There are always amazing achievements when swimmers are allowed to swim without interruption! Please consider accepting a front row seat - volunteers will be required to count/record lengths.
Your Candu Executive and Coaches.